At Montrose, each class have a weekly extended PE session and we ensure that children are offered a varied and exciting PE curriculum. During the school year, we actively take part in many competitions which include table tennis, cross country, swimming, basketball, athletics and gymnastics. In the summer term, we hold sports day events for the whole school where we encourage parents to come and support their children. Children are also offered many lunchtime and after school clubs.
P.E and Sports Premium
Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium
Since 1st September 2013, each primary school has received £8,000 plus £5 per student to help increase PE expertise in school. Although the funding is ring-fenced for PE, schools are free to spend it however, providing PE expertise and quality of PE teaching is improved. The aim of this funding is to provide a lasting legacy.
Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium
ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
The funding has been provided to ensure impact against the following OBJECTIVE:
To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools. It is important to emphasise that the focus of spending must lead to long lasting impact against the vision (above) that will live on well beyond the Primary PE and Sport Premium funding.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles.
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport. For 2016/17 Primary PE and Sport Premium Funding must be used to enhance existing provision and that the provision should be sustainable in the long term.
Wigston Lane, Leicester, Leicestershire